Stored Food List

We are a family of three unique individuals. Doug will eat almost anything but needs protein and variety. I'm a picky eater, not liking cooked veggies at all, and I love variety, and crave mayo to make most things palatable. Weslee is a pickier eater than I, but loves fresh fruits and raw veggies, and doesn't need as much variety as we do.


I've written up a list of what we, as a 3-person family, need to store to make nutritious and tasty meals. Using the current food pyramid (see the graphic), I created the chart found at www.newviewgroupllc.com/Stored_Food3.html.


This list is not only to do my monthly shopping, but also to plan meals, and experiment with recipes.


Who could use this list and this blog?
  • people concerned about the economy and stretching their food budget
  • people who store food in case of emergency, layoffs, blizzards (us!), bird flu, etc.
  • people who plant gardens and need help deciding what seeds to buy
  • people who need a few fresh ideas about menu planning for their family
Starting January 1 2009 and continuing throughout the year, I'll blog here a complete day's menu using my chart. I'll include recipes as needed. Any suggestions you have for meals would be greatly appreciated.


Vikki
http://www.newviewgroupllc.com/