Parts of this blog is being moved/combined to http://www.survival-cooking.com. Some entries are deleted as they are moved. Check out:

"Backyard Grocery Gardening": Info to provide healthy, nutritious and untainted produce
"Special Cooking & Food Prep": Canning, storing, cooking stored-food or money-saving meals
"Homesteading Basics": Becoming self-reliant, inventory checks, water, emergencies, etc.
"School-At-Home": Discussions, quizzes, assignments and other schoolwork
"What Would U Do If...": A fun way to spend 5 minutes of your day!

Seed Ordering

I went online yesterday to our favorite seed provider (Baker Heirloom Seeds, www.rareseeds.com) look at the seeds for next year, and noticed they were out of many we wanted. I didn't want to deviate from my plan (even though we don't know where we'll be living next Spring) so I called them. Very nice lady answered and said that the new catalog is being printed up, and will be sent out in December. I asked if January would be a good time to order seeds, and she confirmed yes.

Guess my itchy fingers will have to wait.